Director Ground Operations Quality and Procedures
- Florence, Kentucky
- Annual Salary
- Job ID
Director Ground Operations Quality and Procedures job at Atlas Air Inc in Florence KY
Description, duties, responsibilities
Title: Director Ground Operations Quality & Procedures
Location: Florence, KY
Department: Ground Operations
Reports To: VP Operations Systems Performance & Quality
Position Summary: Serves the Company by evaluating, reviewing, updating, revising, issuing ground operations manuals, bulletins, policies, and procedures as necessary, and coordinates the disbursement of these throughout the organization. Station cargo management process evaluation and enhancement as required.
Major Job Accountabilities:
- Has authority to amend carriage of cargo policies and procedures under the direction of VP Operations Systems Performance & Quality and Director Quality Assurance/ Quality Control.
- Develops Ground Operations Bulletins as directed by the VP Operations Systems Performance and Quality.
- Revise and updates Ground Operations Manuals as directed by the VP Operations Systems Performance & Quality.
- Provides assistance and coordinates revisions of the Weight and Balance Manual as directed by the VP Operations Systems Performance & Quality and Director of Quality Assurance/Quality Control.
- Responsible for achieving all ground operations procedures goals regarding performance, safety, service, and regulatory compliance.
- Perform quality control audits at warehouses, ramps, and operations areas. Share these audits with the local Station Managers and vendors. Work with all parties to develop action plans to resolve any deficiencies and/or procedural changes as needed.
- Develop or revise ground operations procedures that would enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proactive in anticipating problems and initiates actions to solve issues regarding ground operations procedural matters.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of Ground Operations activity in the field.
- May be required to perform audits to support Compliance and Standards.
- Perform Loadmaster duties and responsibilities as required by the Company.
- Must be qualified to perform all aspects of ground operations including Loadmaster, Hazardous Materials, deicing, fueling, special loads, catering, security, etc.
- Other activities and special projects as directed by the VP Operations Systems Performance & Quality.
- Asses if procedural changes are required and assist Ground Operations Standards Department in development of changes in affected manuals.
- Ensures procedures and guidelines are established for carrier’s Ground Operations, ground handling, ground training, and ground services.
- Coordinates with Director of Safety regarding station reviews. Finding, and corrective actions as a result of those findings.
- Manage outside services used by Ground Operations for quality of services.
- Responsible for the performance of station audits, weight and balance audits and vendor audits and report findings to Flight Operations.
- Investigate and report on all incidents or discrepancies that deviate from Polar Air Cargo policies and procedures or FAA inquiries related to Ground Operations.
- Must be available to travel.
- Broad airline or aviation background.
- B747 Weight and Balance and Load planning certification.
- Dangerous Goods Category 1 and 6 certification.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must possess a valid passport.
- Must have the ability to communicate both oral and written in a professional manner.
- Ability to work both, independently and effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Computer literate and specific background in the required subject areas.
- Strong prioritization and ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Proficient in Microsoft excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the rulemaking process and ability to provide input to the process in the Company’s best interest.
- Proven ability to lead and manage the activities of a diverse work force.
- Skilled problem solver with superior leadership qualities.
- College degree preferred or equivalent years of experience in the aviation industry.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, life insurance and 401k savings plan with company match. Visit our website at www.atlasair.com.
The Company is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. It is the Company's policy not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please see the links to the “EEO is the Law” posters on our career websites http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume through http://www.atlasair.com/holdings/careers.html.
Atlas Air Inc Company Overview
Atlas Air Worldwide is a recognized leader in international aviation outsourcing. Through Atlas Air, Inc., Polar Air Cargo Worldwide, Inc. and Titan Aviation Leasing, we deliver innovative, value-added services, reliability and superior performance to ACMI, CMI, dry-leasing and charter customers worldwide. An eminent force in global cargo operations, our know-how and expertise extend to the passenger market, operating both VIP and high-density flights. With the world’s largest fleet of B747 freighters, including the new-technology 747-8F, our B747 passenger solutions and our complementary B767 cargo and passenger services, we celebrate our 20th anniversary ready to empower our customers to capitalize on market-growth opportunities ahead. Atlas Air Worldwide Holdings is an equal opportunity employer that promotes diversity in the workplace.