Maintenance Manager Featured
- Chico, California
- Annual Salary $72,000.00 - $100,000.00
- Job ID
Maintenance Manager job at Air Spray USA INC in Chico CA
Description, duties, responsibilities
The Maintenance Manager is directly responsible to the General Manager for the performance of aircraft inspection programs, repairs, overhauls, alterations, maintenance, and preventative maintenance by repair station personnel.
- Coordination of aircraft schedules and shop schedules prior to and during the performance of all repair station functions.
- Assisting, supervising, and directing all aircraft maintenance personnel in the performance of their duties so that work is accomplished on schedule and in accordance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and repair station procedures.
- Assure that aircraft maintenance personnel record the maintenance performed on maintenance forms and task cards on a daily basis.
- Assure that maintenance personnel are properly trained and practice proper handling of parts during the accomplishment of maintenance in order to maintain adequate preservation of parts during the maintenance process
- Assisting the Quality Assurance Manager in the maintenance and periodic calibration of precision tools and test equipment used by the repair station.
- Participating in the evaluation, design, and implementation of expansion and promotion of aircraft maintenance operations.
- Assisting with special projects within area of expertise, such as major airframe repairs and alterations.
- Ensure that proper entries are made into maintenance logs & task cards I.A.W. FAR part 43 and Operator/Air Carrier manuals.
- To insure that the facilities occupied by maintenance personnel are kept in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure that all regulations are followed as it relates to Contract Maintenance IAW FAR 145.209 (h) & 145.217.
- Interviews, selects and/or recommends hire of employees
- Follow all policies and procedures of the Safety Management System Manual, and ensure that the employees he/she is supervising are following the SMS Manual.
- Ensures adherence to company policies and procedures with regard to all department functions
- Initiates and recommends approval of personnel actions, including employee selection and hire, pay changes, performance appraisals, promotions, transfers, and leaves of absence
- Special projects as assigned
The Maintenance Manager may delegate all duties assigned to any qualified assistant as necessary; however, such delegation does not relieve the Maintenance Manager of the overall responsibilities.
- Credential and Certificates - Current FAA A&P license in good standing
- Education and/or Experience -Minimum of five years related aircraft maintenance experience, Associate degree in aircraft maintenance technology or other relevant field is preferred
- Supervisory Responsibility - Assigned direct report employees
- Training Requirements
- Aviation experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITY TO:
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic reading skills
- Basic math skills
- Use a personal computer and various software packages – MS Office
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
EMPLOYMENT AT AIR SPRAY IS AT-WILL.
Employment at-will means that an employee may resign at any time with or without advance notice to the Company and with or without “cause.” Likewise, the Company may terminate any employee at any time with or without “cause.”
AIR SPRAY USA IS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE.
We are committed to providing a work environment free of drugs and alcohol. Air Spray USA requires drug testing of employees and applicants in accordance with federal regulations and corporate policies.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer competitive wages. Benefits available.
Please reference Avjobs when applying for this position.
Air Spray USA INC Company Overview
Founded in 1967, Air Spray is one of the world's oldest and most experienced private operators of aircraft for aerial wildfire suppression. Air Spray is known world wide for quality aircraft and tank systems, reliable safety, business integrity, innovative technology and professional service. We are extremely proud of our reputation of working with our customers to improve our industry through cost efficiency and fire control effectiveness and to always go above and beyond to ensure the job is carried out safely.